Friday, May 16, 2008

Failed cycle again

Sigh, just when I posted about being in 2WW yesterday...well wouldn't you know it...my period came last night. The day when a close friend told me she tested positive was also the day when my period came.

But I am alright, honest to God. It helps alot since I have placed myself in a neutral state of being. I haven't been charting everyday for the past 2 cycles, so in that sense I didn't really know the exact ovulation day. I no longer abstain from coffee too. Hence the fact that I'm not pregnant doesn't crush me. But of course it'd be so wonderful if I could be pregnant.

We are still at this crossroad, as to whether to try out clomid. I still have similar fear - that it won't work anyway. And I still wish that we can still get pregnant in the old-fashioned way. I really wish that to happen.

I sincerely pray to God that, this time round, even though I have failed again, please grant it to waitingforlife and allyouwhohope. At least one of us should be pregnant by now.

2 comments:

Karey said...

That is so sweet! I really hope it happens for one of us soon. It has to!

I really think you should try Clomid. Why not? The worst that can happen is that you don't get pregnant, which is where you are right now anyways. I completely understand not taking it because you don't want to rule it out, like as long as you keep putting it off you'll never have to find out that it won't work. I've been there. But what if it does? And if it doesn't work, it might be because something else is wrong that you don't know about yet (I don't mean that in a bad way, but it could be something fixable). With me, it's like a huge puzzle, and even things that don't work unlock some piece of the puzzle. Clomid didn't work for me because it produced too many cysts which, I now know, is because I have PCOS. You'll never know unless you try it!

LifeHopes said...

You are so generous to pray for me right now.

Even though I haven't met you, I pray for you and for your future blessing.

I am so sorry this wasn't the cycle.

Perhaps if you don't have a good feeling about Clomid, you could mention Letrozole to your doctor? The success rates are higher, the miscarriage rate is lower, and I tried it last cycle with zero side effects to speak of.

I can relate to your reluctance to try a drug. I felt the same way. But really, you are still doing it the "natural way" because this drug simply helps your body to do what it is supposed to do on its own. It just gives your ovaries a little extra kick!

I will pray for you. Hang in there. And thanks again for thinking of me.