Monday, May 19, 2008

Onwards to new cycle again!

Hey, I'm blogging again! :)

First, to respond to the tag from allyouwhohope I ignore her tag last round, so this round I will do it.

Here goes:

1. Why did you start your blog?

Simply to rant and vent about my depression and frustration issues about TTC and IF. It's actually meant to be sort of a hate blog too, since I post ugly tots towards certain people too.

2. How did you come up with your blog name?

It came very natural to me!

3. Do your friends and family know about your blog and what do they think?

NO!!! If you read my first few posts, this is meant to be my 'secret' blog, which is not supposed to be known by people and family who know me - they know me and my husband as people who do not wish to have children (that's what we wanted last time...). And some of them will flip if they get to read some of the posts since they aren't pretty at all!

That's why, I must apologize for the 'boringness' of this blog. You'd noticed it's mostly TTC related, and I don't blog a lot about other personal and social stuff. I can't elaborate on our trips and outings and other aspects of social life, nor about my career or hobbies etc, because I cannot risk being identified by people whom I know.

4. How do you write posts?

I usually write whilst awaiting ovulation or in 2ww or to announce the cycle has failed...

5. Have you ever had a troll or had to delete unkind comments?

Thankfully, Nope!

6. Do you check your stats or care how many people read your blog? If so, how do you increase traffic?

I have a counter just to have a general idea, but I don't really care. I care more about people knowing me NOT knowing about this blog!

Yes, I'm done!


Today is a Public Holiday in Singapore here, it's called Vesak Day.

I am in a good mood, because my period is ending soon and I can look forward to a brand new cycle!

The pain was slightly better this time round, and I didn't take any ponstan pills at all. I am going into some details about my period, so apologies for TMI!

It's only painful and crampy during the first two days. How to describe the pain? At best it's a dulling ache, at worst it's like someone trying to rip out my uterus! My uterus and pelvic regions will feel all heavy and aching. I can't walk straight, but I can't sit for long too. The best is to lie on bed in a sideway position, or to actually squat down or to kneel down and lean my upper torso on the floor, well basically any position that doesn't put weight on the pelvic region.

But the worst part are the blood clots. My period is not just about passing out blood, but also passing out blood clots! It's really gross, and I really need to make sure I am near the bathrooms for the first two days to avoid staining! Every time I go to loo to pass urine, out pop the clots too! But with each passing out of the clots, my cramp will be abated. So I believe the cramps are caused by my body wanting to expel these clots.

My gynae explained that these clots are probably from the endo growth into my uterine back walls. My TCM concurred, and added that that's why I need to abstain from cold stuff and try to keep my womb 'hot', as that will help to ease blood flow and prevents less clotting.

I have read up extensively over my adenomyosis condition, and I am thankful that I only suffer two days of pain every month, which in a way can be alleviated by taking ponstan and keeping to a cleaner 'warmer' diet.

Anyone out there who is like me and have gotten pregnant eventually? I believe there are! In time to come, I will too.

2 comments:

Karey said...

Thanks for giving into my tag!

When I googled "adenomyosis" I found things that said some women don't even know they have it until the dr. does a C-section. I know everyone's case is different, just like with endometriosis, but it sounds like many women are able to get pregnant. You could definitely be one of them! I'm still praying for ya!

LifeHopes said...

Hey I was just thinking, you are probably entering the "window" so hopefully you are taking full advantage!

Praying for you on the other side of the globe!